Thursday, June 24, 2010

My sweet "Momma's" boys

We saw Toy Story 3 last night. They were both excited to see the movie but Parker was excited on a huge level. He wanted to wear his Toy Story 3 shirt (from Grammie) and bring his Buzz and Woody to the theater - so cute! He propped Woody up next to him in the theater chair so he could "see" too! Parker thought it was super fun which is evidenced by the fact that he needed no candy to sit through the two hour film - perfectly content to sit and watch when it is his favorite characters.

When the movie was over, I looked down next to me and asked the boys how they liked it. (Davis was sitting next to Eli). Davis just looks really concerned and says, "ummmmm . . . so . . . when Andy is going to college does that mean he leaves his house during the day and then he doesn't ever come home at night?? Is he leaving his mom and never coming home????" (as if I wasn't having a hard enough time containing the lump in my throat while watching the end of the movie!) Then Eli adds, in an equally concerned tone, "Yeah AND my mom said everyone HAS to go to college and if you don't go to college then you go to jail . . it is the LAW". And now I'm just cracking up :) Such sweet boys - love their mommas - which is a-okay with me!! In the car, all the way to PPP, we talked about how he didn't have to go to college for "4,267 days" and he was "going to college where you still sleep in the same house as your mom and dad". Fine with me buddy!

Later that night Mark asked both the boys what they thought of the movie:
Parker: It was super AWESOME!!
Davis: It was kind of sad, Dad. But also good.
That about sums it up for them :)

All of this on the tail of the fact that I got Davis' meet the teacher papers and school calendar in the mail a couple of days ago. Meet the teach is August 5th and school starts on the 10th!!! Where did the last 5 1/2 years go?!?!? Gulp!! I hope I'm ready to look like a strong, happy, confident mommy in just a month - start praying for me now. At least I know that Davis isn't looking to jump ship anytime soon - whew :)

2 comments:

Heather-Paper Princess Studios said...

I love reading your blog and updates on your sweet and fabulous family! I can so pic. Parker in his TS3 gear going to watch the movie- so precious. And I can't believe that sweet Davis is starting school in about a month!!! I will pray for you girlie...I can't even imagine taking M. to school for the 1st. time- Can't they stay small forever??? Kinda like a puppy ;) LOL

Theresa said...

Very cute & FUN! Maybe one day my boys will have their debut at a movie theater...:) sweet mommy stories-boys DO love their Mommas!