Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Birthday to Mark (a month ago:)

Here's the deal - Mark loves celebrating his birthday and it is important to him = NO Pressure (yeah right!). I am always worried that he won't feel celebrated enough and try to plan something fun. It is our tradition to have the kids spend the night with my mom and then to do something just the two of us. It is one of the only nights/year that we do something like this and it is ends up being a gift for both of us!! This year I found a new hotel outside of Tucson that had summer specials - booked it - but then they called to confirm the reservation when I wasn't home and Mark said "too much money" - he didn't need a fancy hotel to have a nice, quiet time together. I found another, even better, summer deal in town and we had a great time. It is so nice to know that you have almost 24 hours to only think about each other and not worry about what the kids need or what time you need to be back to pick them up. Don't get me wrong - I love my kids and I am always excited to see them when we pick them up - but it is so nice to just be a "couple" for a few hours.

We ate dinner - slowly - we have to remember that we don't have to inhale our food :), then walked around as long as we felt like it and then rented a movie in our room because it didn't matter if we stayed up late because we could wake up whenever we felt like it. We are early risers so we were still up pretty early - but that meant we could hang out on our little porch and relax before getting bfast at the hotel. Ahhhhhhhhh
Eating breakfast together
Reading outside on the porch in the morning - after getting up whenever we felt like it!! This is also the look of "why are you taking my picture" . . so I can blog about this, Silly :)
The look of relaxation :)
The pretty view right outside of our porch - Davis asked me to take pictures so he could see what the hotel looked like :)

1 comment:

Theresa said...

So glad you "got away." I don't care if it's the hotel across the street-and I'm not kidding!! :)