Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Who could say no to that face :)

This is a stance I see about fifty times a day - he wants to be held :) And I couldn't possibly love him more than I do so I hold him - most of the time. So what would one try when they think that their crying baby is keeping everyone up: (I didn't realize what I was setting myself up for on the last post because nursing him didn't cross my mind - obviously it crossed most of your minds - some how I managed to peg myself as the woman who nurses forever . . not too sure how that happened, but I don't really care - I did love to nurse my babies:)
- I gave him multiple cups of warm milk (back fire on the throwing up issue)
- I jammed myself in the closet that he was sleeping in to rub his back and sing to him
- I tried to get him to lay down on the twin bed I was sleeping in but he was only willing to lay on my head not on the bed - so that was awkward and uncomfortable
- I paced around the room holding him
- I read him books
- I finally put him in his bed and when he started to cry again, I resorted to telling him that crying was disobeying mommy
See - and you guys had it worked up as something so much worse :) I guess I was feeling like a push over for letting him attempt to sleep smashed against my face. It was a mixture of pressure to get him to stop crying and love for my sweet boy AND he was kind of sick.

4 comments:

Jen said...

That is too funny! (I can totally picture you in the closet!!!) :)
You are such a good mommy!

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you didn't try to nurse him? Sorry, I couldn't resist! Love you guys! You are a WONDERFUL Mommy!

The Martins said...

Jenna brought 9 month old Noah to visit me in England. Let's not get started on whose great idea that was (ahem, matt). Poor lady, she said she sang every song from Mary Poppins at 3 in the morning to get him to sleep, on top of Benadryl, bottles, rocking, shaking... whoops, no shaking...(no nursing, either, although I'm sure the thought crossed her mind)

Jason and Lisa said...

The closet one is too funny.