Monday, March 22, 2010

Vacation???

I had to start off with a very cute picture of the boys doing what my boys love most . . playing/digging/running on the beach. This is a reminder of why we endure things like the night before. It was so eventful it is pretty much comical - thus I thought it was blog-worthy :)

8 pm: All 5 big boys go to bed peacefully and quietly with any complications - babies go right to sleep too, in their respective pack-n-plays of course. Wow that was easy!! (stupid mommy)
8 pm - 2 am: Watch a totally lame movie with Liss and then proceed to play Scrabble with each other on our phones until 2 am (WHAT was I thinking . . . . . )
2:15 am: Troy comes out with a look on his face that you can certainly picture if you know him - it is a combination of WHAT the screw are you two doing and at this hour and why am I the ONLY one who hears Grayson screaming his head off. (Oops sorry Troy - thought you could sleep through a hurricane and G cries for an hour every night - yes people - it is true)
2:15 am - 3 am: Do everything I can think of to try to get G to go back to sleep without letting him cry and disturb everyone else - this is the worst. You don't even want to know what I tried.
3 am: Grayson starts coughing really hard - it looks like he is going to gag from the coughing - he starts vomiting his entire dinner and multiple cups of milk all over me - AWESOME. Clean him up - clean the bathroom up - bag all the nasty clothes - change Gray.
3:30 am: Gray is just finally getting settled from the episode and finally falling asleep in my arms. Enter Davis who needs to pee.
3:35 am: Re-enter Davis who now needs to go #2 and be wiped and YES I'm still holding a baby who is finally.almost.asleep - aaahhhhh. Bummer. Now Gray is back up.
4:00: Gray is finally settled and back in bed. Does it sound like I hear something? Yes it is Eli and Davis sitting up talking. I walk in and Davis just casually looks up and says, "Um, Eli says that I can go to High School next year even though I'm five, will that work?". WHAT?!?!?! It is the middle of the night. Pull Davis out of the slumber party room. Set him up to sleep on the couch. Tell E to go back to sleep. Finally I fall asleep on the couch for about and hour and a half.
5:45 am: Enter Logan. Just casually walking around the family room. Checking it out. "What are you doing Loges?". I send him in to find my sister but Davis is already awake and now wants to stay up. I try to convince Davis to try to go back to sleep.
6:15 am: Do I hear something again? Yes, Melissa fell asleep and Loges thought she was boring so he headed back in the room with the boys and woke up Parker and TJ. I'm guessing Eli was sleeping through this since he was up chatting at 4 :)

And with that, the day officially begins. Vacation? I learned my lesson. Do not stay up and play iphone scrabble all night!!!! Even running on no sleep - I loved seeing the boys enjoy the beach today. More fun pictures coming. Good times.

12 comments:

Mom said...

In a wierd sort of way I want to know what you tried to get Grayson to stop crying??

Unknown said...

I'm with Carol - what did you try? ;) is it reminiscent of G's life when he was 15 months old? Love the pic - and they just love each other so much it's hard to settle down - a quote from Trey. :) ~Amy

AprilJ said...

I'll be the third voter for "tell us"... i was actually laughing out loud reading this. I can actually relate. I do love the part most about Davis wanting to know if he could go to high school next year. That is classic.

Anonymous said...

I think I know what you did to get G to stop crying and I am laughing, laughing, laughing! This is awesome...what a fun night...a night to remember. Oh, and I totally can picture Troy's face...too funny, but I also think you both are crazy!

Melissa said...

As her sister and a participant in the WORST night of sleep my kids have ever gotten, we ALL KNOW what she tried!!! :)
Oh man this night will be hard to forget. I should also help Michelle come clean on some of the facts. 2:30 was when Troy came out with his classic look, and 2:45 was the time we actually quit scrabble, if you don't have the app, don't judge, you don't know how addicting it is.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is amazing. I'm tired just reading it. Those nights are what make great memories, though. :) Smed has that iphone app and I'm totally judging. :)

The Martins said...

OH NO. I can not believe the misery. And, yes, it is much funnier when you're not the one going through it. I'm exhausted thinking about it.

Jason and Lisa said...

Sorry, I laughed the entire time reading this story. I want to know what you did to get G back to sleep too! Hope the rest of your vacation is much smoother. I think even with going to bed "on time" it is exhausting when you are awoken in the very early hours of the morning and then multiple times...ugh!

Pam said...

Thanks for sharing the story...cute picture and I'm glad they had fun.

Hantla said...

I have the app and I totally understand!

Kiki

Theresa said...

SUDDENLY THE CARUSO/JOHNSON SLEEP OVER was no big deal! hahahhaha....what a night/morning! awesome memories...just keep telling yourself that! love it, but so glad you had an overlap with cousins!!!...we are all on the edge of our seats to find out the soothing technique you tried...Oh, friend, you set yourself right up for that one! xo

Heather-Paper Princess Studios said...

Totally LOL :)....I guess perhaps it's a good thing that Makayla's cousins live in Iowa- maybe I'll avoid a night like you had, but then again it will make a great memory!