Monday, March 22, 2010

For Jenn :)


I can't believe that it has been a month since I posted anything to my blog. Sad, I'm sure I have failed to write down things that came to mind. I haven't been able to find my camera cord until I committed to finding it for California so I have a lot of catch up to do. Until Jenn brought it to my attention, I had no idea it had been so long. While I start to work on the back posts, here are a couple "Parker-isms" that have made me smile:

Picking Parker up from Sunday school:
Me: What did you learn in your story tonight?
P: Ummm, mostly it was about Uncle Matt.
Me: Huh?
P: Yeah, they just kept saying Matthew. (Sure enough the take home paper said the story came from Matthew Chapter 27 - guess the first few seconds really made an impression:)

While I am getting ready to go out:
P: Here mom, here, here . . (forcing something toward me)
Hands me a funky object.
P: It is my booger. It came from my nose.

Parker LOVES all things super heros. It is kind of his thing. His personal favorites are Supergirl and Superman. He hauls them around everywhere!! I particularly love that he says, "my super-herios" (said like Cheerios)

The other day he was bringing me a shirt and asking me insistently to change the shirt he had on (which is sometimes an hourly occurrence) so I was not wanting to change it. He kept telling me the same thing over and over to justify his need of a new shirt but I couldn't understand what he was saying. Finally I said, "what is it you are saying?" and I realized that he was saying, "I have ahh-choo on my shirt". He had sneezed on himself and that was the only word he could think of to describe his snot. Made me laugh :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Now when you say "funky object" exactly how large was the booger? Really though, I think something happens at 3. They are such funny boys! - Amy

Anonymous said...

Thank you - this means a lot to me. I am just trying to hold you accountable to your blog :)! I love the pic...Davis is so rasta. Have fun in Cali!

Jason and Lisa said...

I love the Parkerisms, so funny!

Heather-Paper Princess Studios said...

I LOVE that kid....And the 'Matthew' thing is hilarious.