Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Shamrock Farm

My boys together at Shamrock Farms - waiting for the tour bus
Pretending to be cows - they all kind of have a look on their face like "why is the lady making up do this?"

Grayson, Davis and their friend Isaiah.

The boys and I went to Shamrock Farm today for a tour of their dairy. It was very interesting and I think the boys thought it was pretty cool to see how they get milk from cows. I asked Davis what he liked best and he said that he liked seeing the tractors working by the barn and eating lunch with his friends . . . so obviously the fascinating dairy part didn't leave a huge impression. One of the sweetest parts of the day, for me, was watching Davis play with friends he doesn't get to see very often. Davis usually only feels bold if he is in the comfort zone of Eli or other buddies he is used to being around. He has become good friends with Isaiah at BSF this year and they palled around together for most of the day. He even lined up and got on the tour bus on his own with is friends without insisting I be in the same place with him (average for most kids maybe, but a BIG deal for Davis). He seemed very old, but it made me glad to see him growing in confidence and being a good friend to the other kids. I guess he IS ready for school next year . . sniff, sniff :)

4 comments:

The Martins said...

Girl, you are FAST on this post.

The Martins said...

I wrote that before reading the post :) Yes, I felt the same way- finally confident that, yes, he may be ready for school soon.
It was good to hang out with your boys too. I know I and N loved it. They could hardly stand being across the picnic table from them!

Unknown said...

G looks like he had a great time too! So cute! :) ~Amy

Theresa said...

So sweet! Glad it was fun!