Tuesday, April 27, 2010

He is Super Cute So I Guess We'll Keep Him!


Just had to post this - This nuk is not his - he has never like/used a pacifier - his older brother still does however and this is so classic baby brother Grayson . . . he gets a huge kick out of finding something like this of his brothers and pretending like he is getting such great enjoyment out of it himself - don't his eyes just scream "nah nah nah"!
I have not been good about remembering to post updates about my growing little boys and right now I feel like Grayson is growing and learning tons of new things everyday. I love to see his unique little personality developing.

He has new words just about everyday. While he is no where near the verbal skills of Parker (which is confusing to my husband who only remembers that P was giving dissertations at 20 months:) he is slowly learning to express himself with words - less grunting and whining - YEAH! I love his little voice - note to self . . get out the video camera. He says: mama, dada, dog, Eli (which is what he calls ALL Johnson boys), Davis (which is a hard word that he says surprising clearly), moon, more, drink, shoe, night night, sing, Papa (a fave), Grandma, . . . and probably a few more that I can't think of right now. My favorite little words are when he asks in a questioning tone, "Where Davis . . Where Eli . . . Where Dada?" He holds up his hands and shrugs and then when you tell him the answer he says "ohhhhhh" like you really just cleared that up for him. He does this often all day - doesn't want to be missing out on the party :) He also knows some of his animal sounds - his favorite is the sheep. He also really likes to pray with me. When I lay him in his bed he asks "Amen?" to ask to pray and holds my hand while I pray with him. When we are done he says, "Aaaaaaaamen".

He has some likes that seem to be a little different than his brothers. He loves stuffed animals (nothing new) and I am currently trying to figure out how to transport a 4 foot stuffed dog on all our family vacations as he does NOT want to sleep without it . . Thanks Aunt Liss :) I'm trying to transition him to a sheep he really likes that is a much more manageable size - I'll let you know how that goes. He also really likes to push around and play with cars and small trucks. This was never really a fave of the other boys. He is in swim lessons and seems to really like the water when he gets to put his face in and swim and he HATES the water when he has to float.

He is full of energy and can be quite the little monkey. He can climb up just about anything and is fearless to bound around recklessly after his brothers. Sometimes when he runs he looks like he will wipe out hard face first at any moment . . . uh! It is not uncommon to find him jamming dvd's into small slots, chewing on the edge of cabinets (???) or finding a random marker that I was sure were completely out of reach and drawing on something . . . . busy, busy all the time. Good thing he is so stinkin' cute!

He still loves to snuggle me - I have always rubbed his belly when he is laying down while I sing him a song before bed in his crib. Lately he will just climb up onto my lap on the couch or where ever and lift up his shirt so I will rub his belly. Funny :) Mark thinks he looks like a puppy. I hope he always wants to love on his Momma!

3 comments:

Heidi Marie said...

Stinkin' cute is a perfect way to describe Grayson.

Anonymous said...

Very cute. The belly rub is a little funny, but cute. Really, a 4 ft. dog...yikes...have fun with that!

Jen said...

So sweet...I was so excited to hear him say all his new words when I serve next and I just realized he's not in my class anymore, so sad. :(