Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Alaska Cousins Visit!!!!

I apologize for the FLOOD of pictures, but a visit from our Alaska family is a highlight of the year. You can not even imagine how much my kids anticipate this visit. They love their cousins so much. It has always been my priority that my kids would really esteem and value the relationships they have with one another, as brothers, and then also with their cousins and extended family. While they don't see them nearly as often as we would like, they are really best buddies and I love that! The ten days seemed to fly by, as usual, but we jammed as much as possible into them. The week was filled with park play dates, a Valentine's party, a sleep over, playing at our house, hiking together, celebrating birthdays, more playing, and even some adult time (imagine that!). While we jam a lot of random fun stuff in that we would never normally do, my favorite part is just having them around for the day-to-day stuff like church together, Sunday night dinners, watching our fave reality shows together . . that type of stuff. I wish that was a reality more often :( I think we even did more together as adults that we usually do and it was so, so fun. Here are some of the highlights.
Park play date - Kara and Parker
Kara and Hugh
Clay Clay and TJ
Pretty Kara at the Valentine's party - cute Evie in the background :)
Clayton beating down Logan with a bat - he was laughing hysterically and for the record he hit Clayton first!
Clayton and Hugh - check out the aviators on that pilot . . hahaha
April and Eli
The kids together in dress up clothes the morning they stayed the night at our house

Eli and Clay
Clay, Kara, and Davis
All the cousins together - man I love that group of kids!
Davis loves his cousin Kara in a big way!
Sweet girl - love her!
Parker and April at dinner after church

2 comments:

AprilJ said...

Such a sweet post! I love it!! Dare I say that every visit gets better and better?? Hug the boys for us. We miss you.

Anonymous said...

Great pics...will definitely be stealing some for my blog. Thanks!