Sunday, November 8, 2009

Out of their mouths . . .

Parker was walking with my mother-in-law the other night and Parker was saying something about being scared:
Billie:  Parker, we don't have to be scared, Jesus is with us.
P: NO he is not Grammie.
Billie:  Well yes he is (you can just hear her voice - totally unsure why my son seems so adamantly opposed to the idea)
P:  No he is not with us, because he has to come back someday, so he can't already be here!

As I mentioned before, Davis has been really trying to get his mind around the idea of Jesus coming back someday.  Parker has never even engaged in the conversations at all . . . guess he is listening :)  Of course we pray like crazy that when Jesus does come back, our little boys' hearts are ready!

This is just another classic way God is using my children to complete a work in me . . .  This past Saturday my attitude was less than Christ-like (and by "less than" I mean MUCH "less than" . . as you will see . . . 

In the midst of my grumbling in my head, Davis brings me his Bible and says, "Mom will you help me?".  Already realizing I need this more than he does, "Sure buddy, what do you need?"  Davis says, "I'm just looking and looking in here for a verse about happy hearts so I can show it to you . . . can you find one?"  Yes, good idea indeed.  I wish that I would have been modeling a better attitude but I am grateful he could tell my b.a. was in contrast to God's Word . . . looking on the bright side here folks!

And finally, Davis' introduction to the kindergarten we might send him to . . . We went to Eli's school for a jog-a-thon and Davis was super excited about cheering for him.  He was asking 100 questions per minute on the way there about how fast the race would be, would there be a finish line, would they blow a horn, would E win a trophy . . the list goes on.  Anyway, when we are on the sidelines before they start the race, Davis yells, "You HAVE to win Eli - just shove down all the kids that are in your way!!!!"  Awesome!  A proud moment indeed - maybe a good time to go meet the one and only kindergarten teacher . . and maybe I'll just save that intro for another time :)


5 comments:

Melissa said...

I am sure Mrs. Shelberg will be thrilled to know that Davis will be in her class next year!
Very cute stories!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute...and competitive. Can you believe Davis is going to be in kindergarten next year? Crazy!

Anonymous said...

I like the competitive streak! :) I hope Davis and Zoe are kindergarten buddies. How fun! They can be competitive together.

AprilJ said...

Let's pretend that Davis isn't going to school next year. I'm pretty sure I'm keeping Clay home one more year for the company :)

Theresa said...

Great stories, Michelle! I love the one about Davis directing you to God's Word. I think my boys need to just put a bookmark on one of those verses for me! ugh...very sweet story. And I can't believe that P could articulate all that about jesus coming again!