Sunday, November 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Eli

My oldest nephew Eli turned six-years-old last week.  I love all my nieces and nephews tremendously and I have especially memorable memories of the day Eli was born.  There was quite a heard of us gathered in the hall waiting to meet my sister's first baby.  I was working at an office close by and would often bring my lunch to Liss' house to hang with baby E for a while on my lunch break.  I appreciate tons of things about Eli, but to name a few . . . in true first-born fashion, he does a great job of caring for all the little guys and he sets a great example for them, he is super sweet to Grayson, at a very young age he has a really great understanding of God's Word and applies it (SO super encouraging to me as a parent to watch God work in his heart) and he is always good for an awesome camera pose!!  Recent, "so Eli" story:  I was at my mom's while she had all the kids and she was trying to round up all the Filleman and Johnson boys for dinner in the kitchen, moments after sitting down Eli is out of his seat and in the kitchen.  My mom says, "E come get in your seat".  Eli says, "but I was just trying to serve you and aunt shell, you guys don't have any water and all the kids have water" - precious boy - "just trying to serve you" - cracks me up!
birthday lunch at PPP
who is that super cute blonde kid? :)
opening presents
sweet buddies
  

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I am a fan of E too, oh how I could miss the quiet days where all I had was time to hang out with you.... :)
Parker does have a cute expression in that picture! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Sweet post. Love Eli as well...I'll never forget getting to live with him...so blessed!