Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mother's Day

The whole clan on Mother's Day
All of us kids with my great mom!!
Me and my sweet boys - I am a blessed lady!!!

I had hoped to get some better pictures of Mother's Day from my sister, but decided to just steal some poor quality ones form my uncle's facebook page. We had a great morning at the Farm at South Mountain. The food was amazing. The kids had tons of space to run around and play which made sitting around eating actually enjoyable. The weather was beautiful for May in AZ. I was surrounded by the people I love most and I didn't have to cook a meal all day long!!

I have three boys so I am going to limit myself to three of the things I love most about being a mom:
- I LOVE putting my boys to bed - everything that goes with it - reading stories, singing songs, laying with each of them and listening to them talk about their day, praying with them and getting good-night hugs and kisses. A couple of weeks ago I was picking up the boys' room while they were waiting in their bunk bed. Davis said, "Come up here Mom, I forgot I hid a surprise for you up here." I came up the ladder and he JUMPED at me with a huge hug and told me I was the best mom ever. So sweet!!
- I LOVE watching them learn new things or be proud of something they have accomplished. Davis has learned a lot of new school related things in the past couple of months and he is so excited for himself. I really like watching those "lights" come on for him. Parker is a great helper and he is always proud to show me when he has done an "unasked for" chore for me. Both boys also get excited to tell me something they learned at BSF or Sunday school. We reread the stories or talk about them later in the mornings after and they like to help retell the story with the things they remember.
- I LOVE watching them build relationships with each other. Ever since Davis first became a brother, I have prayed that God would use their relationships with each other for a unique purpose for His Kingdom. I have asked God to make them best friends and one another's biggest encourager. Obviously, this is probably always going to be a work in progress :) but in those times when I sit back and see them doing something really kind for each other or just playing really sweetly with one another, or chatting together in bed before lights out - my heart is full of joy for those answered prayers and to see them learning to love each other.

I am a very blessed momma! I have a wonderful mom, sister and "mom" friends who encourage me daily and help me to be a better mom and set amazing examples for me to follow. I have a husband who tells me often how grateful he is that I take care of our boys and he allows me to be home with them (an amazing blessing!) And I have three little boys that I love more than I ever imagined possible. Happy Mother's Day indeed!

3 comments:

Amy said...

very sweet! You are the mommy I want to be when I grow up! :)

Jen said...

I am so encouraged by your sweet post, thank you for spurring me on to be a better mom! :)

Theresa said...

Sooo sweet-the surprise Davis gave you made me teary-eyed...has there ever been a boy who loves his momma more? don't think so...! wow, i need to get on blogs way more often! i've missed many highlights!!