Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Parker . . .

I realized when looking for a "Parker picture" for this post that I haven't really taken any random, day to day pictures of my kids in months.  Oops.  So I am stealing a photo from my sister - a better photographer anyway!  Parker and Logan - buddies for sure!  Doesn't really have anything to do with the post except that I needed a cute picture :)  P.S. they are going to be Buzz Lightyear and Woody for Halloween . . . so cute.

Sunday night my parents were loading my boys into the car with me.  Parker yells out the window to my mom:
"Good night . . . sleep tight . . . . don't let those bugs bite ya".  It made me laugh.  

He just found out the Logan is pretty much potty trained (in like 2 days by the way . . ugh).  Anyway, I was trying to make him excited about it and use the "your buddy wears undies" manipulation tactic.  
Parker:  I get to wear undies and big boy boxers when I go pee on the potty???
Me:  Yes buddy - so exciting - want to try?
Parker:  No thanks.  I just wear diapers.  

He is so helpful and sweet to me.  All day long I hear, "I'm your big boy helper?!?" because he is bringing me a diaper for Grayson, helping me put toys away, or giving Grayson a toy in the car to keep him from fussing.  

Last things about Parker - He went to his first movie last week.  My mom took the boys to see the Toy Story combo and I went along to help.  I thought it was very likely Parker wouldn't want to sit through the first movie, much less the second.  He loved the whole experience - of course it helps that he loves Toy Story.  I told him we could go home in the intermission and he was not interested at all.  He watched the entire second movie also.  He is still wearing his 3-D glasses around a week later.  When the Disneyland Castle came on at the beginning of the movie - Parker said, "Oh Disneyland, I have been to that castle!!!". 

4 comments:

Jen said...

Great posts on the 3 boys! :)

I love the underwear/potty conversation, too funny!

Amy said...

So sweet Parker! I just love how big he is. The other day I made a comment about the passy and he said in his deep voice "that's a nuk". It made me laugh. :) He's going to be funny like Mark. p.s. queen of "have another baby" comments...I guess you shall stick to that one as well, huh?

AprilJ said...

Again, hoping for the croc-chucking story. We got a lot of entertainment from that (Kamdon and I) today. I particularly enjoyed the "falling on deaf ears" comments:)

Anonymous said...

I won't make any "baby" comments to you...I'll just think them in my head :). Parker makes me laugh with his deep voice. He is such a cutie.