Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Grayson . . .

Grayson is also doing so many "big" things.  You can tell that he is trying so hard to communicate.  He will clearly have things he really wants or wants to tell you that he just doesn't have the words for.  I can usually get the gist from his noises and motions, but if I can't he gets frustrated.  (It is crazy to think back about how many words Parker had at G's age - P grew up so fast that way)  

I love how excited he gets to see his Dad and "Daddy" is one of his best (and only) words.  He is also thrilled to see his brothers and even though it doesn't sound like "davis" - he has a certain jabber that he always yells that means "davis".  The other day Davis told him "just call me Day-day" (which was so sweet to me b/c that is what Parker used to say when he couldn't say Davis - even today Parker will call him "Day" sometimes when they are playing).  

My favorite thing he does right now is crawl up on my lap.  Whenever I come sit down on the floor with them, he runs over and backs himself in to plop down on my lap.  He loves some cuddle and I love it even more!  

He wants to do everything that the boys do - always!  He really like to kick the soccer ball with Davis and is surprisingly good at keeping that ball moving in front of him. I also love that when we are doing bedtime routine he crawls in the extra bed in the big boy room and lays down on the pillow like he wants to stay in there with them . . . his day is coming . . . but not for a long time I am sure :)  He also has a big love for his cousin Eli.  E has paid him some special attention lately and he also has a sound he makes when he sees Eli that I can tell is the way he is saying E's name.  He will let Eli lead him around pretty much anywhere - I can tell he is going to really admire his big cousin.

Probably because eating is still SUCH an ordeal with Parker, I am surprised and delighted by how well Grayson will eat.  He will try almost anything.  Obviously he loves fruit more than just about anything else, but he does good with most things.  He even particularly loves bbq - like pulled pork or brisket.  

5 comments:

Heather-Paper Princess Studios said...

I love hearing these precious stories- your boys are so sweet!!!

AprilJ said...

What a cutie. I was hoping you'd put in the story about him stealing the little girl's milk at the mall :)

Theresa said...

Sweet baby!

Anonymous said...

He is a sweet boy! He is getting so big. We look forward to seeing you all this weekend.

Cristina said...

Sweet boy, can't believe how big he is now. Time to try for a sissy!