Friday, September 12, 2008

Aren't they so cute - I absolutely love them!

Random things:

Parker's favorite words these days:  "I try" (to anything Davis is doing), "No way" (not just 'no' - 'no way' - yes it is special, I hear it a lot while I am nursing, some day this will probably make me laugh), 

D: "Why can't Parker talk?"
Me: "He can talk . . he says lots of things"
D: "Well why does he call me Day-Day . . that is not my name"
Me:  "Okay Mr. Particular"
(Davis didn't really say much until he was speaking in very clear phrase, thus not really talking until after two-years-old - maybe it was an intentional choice.  It wouldn't surprise me.)

Davis was watching a cartoon on t.v.  The dad on t.v. told his son that he would read to him when he was done vacuuming the family room.
D: "WHY is that Daddy vacuuming?  Isn't that CRAZY!"
Oh yes, I am not doing my future daughter-in-law any favors.

This was actually about two weeks ago - but has happened several more times since.  I was nursing Grayson which is always the setting for things to get crazy.  Parker is a "hitter" and we have been trying very hard to teach him otherwise.  I realized that he was coming at Davis with a toy hammer which I know from experience results in Davis getting a pretty good hit.  I tried telling Parker to stop, but when I realized that wasn't going to happen I had to resort to EXCELLENT parenting.  "Davis run".  Davis started to run around the couch.  "Mom, if I stop running Parker is going to hit me," Davis is yelling.  "I know, just keep running until I am done with Grayson," I tell him.  Awesome parenting right.  Well, at least I saved him from injury and they seemed to enjoy the chasing part of the 'game'.  

Again - something I hope makes me laugh in the future . . . 
Two mornings ago I was not looking my best because I hadn't dried my hair after a shower the night before which leaves me with a LARGE amount of frizzy hair.  I cringed when the phone rang and someone from Shea homes told me he was outside my front door to come in and do some repairs that they had not showed up to do two days prior.  It was a pretty sight in my house at 8 am - the boys were in jammies that were covered in breakfast, Parker made a project of spreading out every sheet of newspaper from the paper Mark left on the kitchen table, and I was hardly presentable.  I decided to throw all of my pride out the window and let him come in and do his thing.  When he left, I realized that it was even better than I thought.  I looked in the mirror and was horrified to see that the navy blue shirt I had worn to bed the night before had rings of white around one of my boobs from milk leaking.  I am sure he was horrified.  Oh well. . . . .

8 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my goodness those are too funny!!! I love the one of Parker chasing Davis because I can picture it happening...poor Davis! :) The last one is pretty hysterical too! ;)

Amy said...

Those are the funniest stories ever! Don't laugh later, laugh now!:)

Heidi Marie said...

There are always great lessons in life demonstrated to us by children: like it's better to run than get hit in the head! I can't imagine how you even get three kids up and dressed in the morning much less try to keep them from hurting each other!!

Theresa said...

The leaking boob story takes the cake...I'm sure that man has still not recovered! ;)

AprilJ said...

I can just picture the whole scene with you on the couch and Davis shouting at you about Parker hitting him as he runs! This made me laugh out loud... wishing Davis was here visiting w/the grandparents :)

Melissa said...

Those are funny. FYI it is time to update the "about me" section of your blog. You know in your spare time....

The Martins said...

INGENIOUS! I absolutely loved the "run" idea. I was squirming at the beginning of the story because I know the absolute torture of sitting and watching the sibling thing while nursing. Never would have thought of that- so funny.

Cristina said...

These stories are very funny! Interestingly enough I just cannot picture you looking out of place. You are alwasy very put together... Maybe just for kicks one of these mornings I'll drive out to see you and call when I am at the driveway... :o)