Monday, September 28, 2009

Soccer

TJ and Davis . . . evaluating :)
Davis and E noticing that they have the same shoes - as opposed to listening to the coach!
It was my bright idea to sign up the boys for soccer this fall.  I think once they actually get the hang of it - they will have a great time.  The first game was on Saturday and it was pretty much little kid soccer chaos - but the boys sure looked the part :)  Eli was kind of an all-star.  He is a good six inches taller than the other kids on the team.  Davis is super excited about it and really likes the idea of playing a sport on a team.  Of course, he also loves that his cousins are doing it with him.  I know that there is an element of confidence because he knows Eli and TJ will be there with him.  That would have been me as a kid for sure, so I am grateful that he has those relationships with the boys.  I hope that they have a great season.  Hey . . . they are already off to a better start than the Cardinals and they haven't even had  a practice - HA!  Goooooo Tigers!!

8 comments:

Amy said...

hey now!

Jen said...

You're going to do great Davis!

Michelle...that was NOT nice!!!

AprilJ said...

Sweeties!!!

Melissa said...

The last sentence was funny. They are better then the Cardinals, but that isn't saying much. :)
Did they win?
I am glad my boys could be there for Davis bc I am pretty sure I am going to loathe soccer. Did I read that right that the practices are in the town of Queen Creek!!!!!

Theresa said...

Fun cuzzy time for sure! I love their get-ups. D and TJ were definitely discussing shoes and shin pads...or whatever they're called. ;) That would be my son for sure-last year his favorite part of tball he said was his uniform.....

The Martins said...

Eric calls soccer at this age "Magnet Ball" :)
So fun!

michael said...

Eli has a nice dancers toe point in that last one! :)

Heather-Paper Princess Studios said...

Love the pics of the boys in their gear- so precious :)